Saturday, August 12, 2017

Fun Tutorials

Last summer I stumbled upon a great site called MY CUPCAKE ADDICTION hosted by Elise Strachan.  Don't let the name of the site fool you into thinking she only does cupcake tutorials, she also teaches the viewer how to make GIANT candy bars, and other sweet goodies.  Most tutorials are under 10 minutes in length and are very entertaining.  As a Family and Consumer Science teacher for middle schoolers, this site is great to share with the students when cooking class is over early and I need to keep the kids engaged.

Another site I enjoy learning from is HOW TO CAKE IT hosted by Yolanda Gampp. Yolanda has a quirky sense of humor, and does some amazing cakes. I learned the technique of using Simple Syrup on my cakes, which keeps them moist and fresh longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

What Did I Do Wrong?

I acquired a recipe for Cream Cheese Pound Cake over 20 years ago when a young bride-to-be asked me to bake and decorate her wedding cake. B...